Suggestion regarding current season hectic schedules

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Suggestion regarding current season hectic schedules

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:04 am

Hi all,

@ UZ staff, don't misunderstand my comments as badmouthing what you are doing.
I appreciate your consistent efforts in running this league and all that, but I think that
starting UZ team season in TS, BOMB and CTF mode at the same time as NC was a big mistake.

In the past I was juggling a lot more competitions, often at the same time having multiple modes in UZ, CB, WTF and ESL (CoD).
But the matches were at different times and it was possible to organize all that. Over the years we played almost all of our matches...
(had to write this top stop szejdi ranting that it is my fault for signing for all 3 modes in UZ again).

All of the [b00bs] active players are playing with the nations teams.
Past two Sundays, and also the one coming we again have scheduled NC matches at the same time that admins force our team matches.
It is very hard to find time when we have 5 available without ppl bound with NC and find opponent that can play (also having NC's etc)

- More than half of the teams irc channels are constantly empty, making it hard to communicate. *(1)
- none of them responds in match comments
- pretty much everyone is in the mode "idk when we will be available, it all depends on our guys NC matches"

*(1) During "normal" seasons, I don't find it as that much of a problem, I simply challenge opponents at usual league default time.
But this season at that same default time there are two team matches and also NC match.
With this many matches on board we have to talk it out with opponents otherwise finding suitable times is not possible.
Also the scheduling on match fixtures is "broken" to a point, I can't challenge opponents who are MIA on irc via UZ site because it complains about "wrong dates/week"

I believe the easiest way to cope with this current problem is to "chillout" div1 scheduling for the next 2 weeks.
That is where vast majority of the NC players is... so give them and their teammates little break.
Meaning, admins just don't force matches and assign forfeits in div1 for the next 11 days, until Monday March 16...
Until then this whole NC thing will end, the teams will have time to clear out some of the not played matches from previous weeks...
And starting in 10 days everyone will have better idea on when they can play and also the opponents will be in same boat so I expect playing matches will get back to normal.

I know this might prolong the current season for div1, but that doesn't matter much. It's not like we really need to have strict deadline for finish.

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. www.youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. www.twitch.tv/b00bsclan .::. www.twitter.com/b00bsclan .::.
www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

The-spiki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Suggestion regarding current season hectic schedules

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:58 am

I understand your problem but at the same time, we'd rather not mess with the schedule too much. We are making sure to take it easier on players involved in the NC and leagues and if you run into any issues, talk to me or gost0r if your division supervisor is not available. As usual, there will be a week to catch up at the end of the group stage which should give you time to solve any issues. We have to consider the other players too, not just those involved in the nc but, we will keep an eye on this too.

eya_allam
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:16 am

- eya_allam
We have to consider the other players too, not just those involved in the nc but, we will keep an eye on this too.

what other players?

bzegs
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 am

and here comes the comedian

eya_allam
Admin
Admin

Page 1 of 1