2on2 one day tournament

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: 2on2 one day tournament

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Congratulations to whoever wants to sit on IRC and play UrT for 8 hours straight.

Make it 4 hours and you might actually have some decent teams signing up.

szejdi
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:13 pm

I won't be playing but good luck guys Smile

swaginacup
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:08 pm

- SevenofNine
hey trux0rt, yep signups open tomorrow at 12:00 CEST, you are indeed supposed to make teams of 2 members (or more). Teams can't be deleted since then if you revisit the competition 3 years from now you can't see who played or won.

I don't know what you mean by Knockout system with comments, sorry.

Oh oke, thanks.

With the knockout system I mean: a comment on the post = a sign up.

Thanks for explaining btw!

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:17 pm

- szejdi
Congratulations to whoever wants to sit on IRC and play UrT for 8 hours straight.

Make it 4 hours and you might actually have some decent teams signing up.

8hrs is indeed a long time. Maybe the competition should be changed to 2 days instead of 1? Saturday is for sure a day where most of us arent avi, if you compare it with a sunday. Will the first/starting matches be played once at once or more matches at different servers at the same time. If so: what match will be shoutcasted?

A competition with many players is of course a nice event and great for entertainment but first of all I suggest to replace the match to a sunday. Why?: if you look at the other competitions calendars its clear most matches are played on sundays, which is because most players are avi then + the knockouts are always on sundays, why should we change it with this 1-day competition then? Knockout is 1 day too (ok maybe less)! The matches start pretty early so I think if there is a match planned (other competition) that evening the chance is pretty big the match can still be played.

Sorry for quoting you sze, this all came up to me while reading your comment.

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:25 pm

I haven't even noticed it's supposed to be on saturday. GOOD CHOICE XD

szejdi
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:42 am

- szejdi
I haven't even noticed it's supposed to be on saturday. GOOD CHOICE XD

like you have plans on a saturday

bzegs
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 am

LOL

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:31 am

Hello

What are the map who can be to play?

else good idea !

good day

saiwai

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:50 am

I'm glad that everyone has finally put their reading glasses on Smile Bit of a shame they were put on when the event has already been announced...
Note I did say in the initial post it was an idea, no one provided feedback on the day so I made a decision otherwise nothing would happen.

The reason for Saturday is because Sunday evening people have matches. Lets see how the signups do before drawing conclusions, we can still change the day/duration this weekend if signups don't fill up. And naturally learn from it for the future. With regard to the duration of the event, yes 8 hours is long. Probably too long, but then again only for the finalists and they get a reward.
We could shorten it a bit by playing the first and second round matches in the first hour of the event. Third and fourth could be played in the second hour. That shortens the event to four hours because there's no need for a break. Then again it adds a lot of stress on clans to finish/play on time and admins to approve the scores.

@saiwai atm we have this list : urban-zone.org/index.p...1545#11545
But I'm really looking for more maps so if you or anyone else here has ideas

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Yes Seven, I have a lot of maps coming up, took a look at the maplist of many communities and i'll sent you them as soon as possible (not home atm). Tried to select the perfect maps for a 2vs2. Smile

Tbh it didnt catch my eye it would be on a saturday. I just thought it was going to be on a sunday like usual (so I didnt check it). Since the Knockouts as I said are mostly or maybe always are on a sunday (I experienced 2: 1 in 2014, in recently, both on a sunday!).

I was about to add 3 sign ups already = 6 players for the 2v2 tournament, it would become more... But then I realised it was on a saturday, lol. In all 3 teams 1 cant play at the day so yeah, you see what i'm trying to tell? Wink 1 cant play in the team = no team. Of course, it's not the fault of anyone (select a date, you are just trying to do something good for the UrT community which I absolutely appreciate).

And in my opinion it's better to have matches from 15min, instead of 20, since its just a 2v2.

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

- SevenofNine
no one provided feedback

Right.

szejdi
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Looking forward to the list of maps.
We've got 8 signups at the moment, of course I'll double check with all leaders involved that they are available at the named times.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:33 pm

So I took a look at maps I didn't know. I came to the conclusion I found pretty awesome maps which deserve a bit more fame (well, not all of them), or are just really fun to play!
I made for most of the maps small videos (on YouTube) for you guys to give you an idea how the map looks like if you don't feel like downloading it already.

GOOD MAPS ~ Maps I tested and look great to play 2v2s on:

1) ut4_baeza - battles nearby the "Gazeebo" (map location - also on loadingscreen) look pretty interesting in my eyes for a 2v2!
==> Here is the map video: (coming soon)

2) ut4_battlefront - just a classing battlefield map, pretty simple but great for 2v2's.

3) ut4_bilbo_rough - interesting map, builds up stress since it's a pretty big one but thats no problem because it's an open map. Staying together is really important on this map!

4) ut4_castles_um5t2 - great mirrorred map for a 2v2, obstacles, not too big or small.

5) ut4_commune_fixed - a beautiful looking map which is pretty big but really excited to play mainly because of the Fountain area which could be a great spot for a battle Smile

6) ut4_derelict_b1 - great small map, perfect with good communication and seems like a fun map to rush and make use of nades!

LESS GOOD MAPS ~ Maps I tested and could be a second option for 2v2's:

1) ut4_Tom-X - a really simple map, I don't recommend this one because it's just a boring map, but easy to play and there is no need to learn this map.
==> No video

2) ut4_bleirrilla_a8 - pretty messy map with lots of buildings but still a fun map to play 2v2 on, sr8 could be a good idea here, since there are a lot of sneaky spots.

3) ut4_caretan_b4 - the map is pretty large and gives me fps drops, but overall it's a nice looking map where you definitely need to carry on and stick together!
==> No video

4) ut4_bogazici_b2t - nice idea, looks fun to play, but not ideal for 2v2's imo. (map = 2 long bridges with obstacles)
==> No video

5) ut4_delisimo_b2 - a beautiful map with next level trees and houses. Unfortunate the map is waaay too big (this map was not finished, but it looks like it was, has all textures etc.)
==> No video

I can look for more maps if requested.
All maps can be found here

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:49 pm

Money as a prize is cool but I think it would be more deserved for other leagues like uz ts ctf or bomb since the players put in a lot of effort each week.

Other than that I think the 2o2 cup is nice and could be very succesful

Vrederust
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:12 am

I agree that it would be great to have cash prizes for all urt events, the thing is, we're not making money off of urt. The players in the 2on2 event won't get the prize for nothing though, they have to start their matches on time (aka when I say so) for streaming purposes. And it's a pretty long event, with some downtime/waiting time for the contestants.

Btw I posted this idea for prizes for regular urt events, but people weren't very enthusiastic urban-zone.org/index.p...pic&t=1803

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Page 2 of 3
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next