sevenofnine, the glorious commentator

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next

sevenofnine, the glorious commentator

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:37 pm

I recommend you getting a new commentator next time.
Saying "I hope they will not play this whole thing to the end, because it's not worth it" is far away from sportsmanship.
And you are wondering why people unsubscribe from your channel.
Should we not play against b00bs anymore because they are too strong and "it's not worth it"?
Maybe you should state next time that only professional teams are allowed to participate.
But I don't really expect someone who hires this guy to think about future consequences for the league. Teams will not participate anymore if you treat them like shit. And something like that from a Frozen Sand staff member. Shame on you, sevenofnine.

Link to the video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMdqiZzyvk4

Last edited by Drain on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drain

Re: sevenofnine, the glorious commentator

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:47 pm

wouldn't it probably be better messaging 7o9 personally to discuss this matter constructively rather than trying to make a scene of it? I'm sure there was no malicious intent

Sunra

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:49 pm

You are sure there was no "malicious intent"?
I guess you didn't even bother to watch the video.

But thanks for the advise. I will try my best, with little to no expectations to change anything.

PS: I call something like this public humiliation. Coming directly from Frozen Sand.

Drain

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:55 pm

You seems very sensitive. You just took a beating in a match that was uninteresting to watch, to comment, and probably to play. This is it, stop the drama.
To be completely fair, match like that only happen because there are not enough teams anymore to do multiple divisions in BM. But that was also a very bad choice of match to comment considering the amount of balanced matches there was yesterday.

Last edited by Sasuke on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 pm

- Sasuke
You seems very sensitive. You just took a beating in a match that was uninteresting to watch, to comment, and probably to play. This is it, stop the drama.

I didn't ask for a recording at all. In fact, we were even against it. But guess what: Our request to remove the spectator was ignored.
Get off your high horse.

Edit: You are correct. There are not enough teams probably. But you will not support getting more teams into the league with this bad behaviour. I myself am disgusted by this video commentary and will rethink if I even continue participating in leagues. Because it seems that less skilled teams are not welcome on Urban Zone.

Drain

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Serious question : considering how that match went, and considering you didn't watch the stream live (as you were playing), what were you expecting to see ?

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:17 pm

- Sasuke
Serious question : considering how that match went, and considering you didn't watch the stream live (as you were playing), what were you expecting to see ?

I was expecting a fair commentary on the game. I don't even have much problem with him 99% of the time spectating b00bs.
But dragging our team into the dirt verbally and publicly goes too far.

You should know that we play the league for fun and eventually try to improve our teamwork and skills. We also knew how skilled b00bs is, but we played the match regardless. Because we see every match as a new chance to gain experience. Is it really necessary to give us shit for that? I really expected more from someone who represents Urban Terror and Urban Zone.

Please watch the entire video first, before you try to discuss it with me.

Drain

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 pm

I get your point, I've been in the same place long time ago. But you realize Sevenofnine has nothing against you right ? Considering the time of your match, he probably picked up that match because it was the first to start, expected a cool match and ended up having to comment a completely uninteresting match. That's obviously not your fault, not his fault either. But that was an uninteresting match. I'm happy for you that you see it as a chance to gain experience, and that's probably the good way to see it.
That being said, but is that the first time you actually do a competition of any kind ? This is pretty standard, you get judged over the level you display. It's not specific to Urban Terror, neither to computers games or even competitive sports in general. If you get destroyed, people make fun of you. Doesn't matter, don't take it personaly. Basicly every player have been in that place at one time or another. Get over it, gain experience and play better the next time Very Happy

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Serious question: What did you expect of the match?
If you would make some research you'd find out that we are a pretty new team.
And you seriously expect us to win against b00bs? Of course it is boring to watch when we play against the best team out there. But we did not ask for anyone to commentate, nor stream it. He could have been neutral while doing it and actually also talk about the close defusals on subterra for example. But he chose the "I don't care about them" way.
So you suggest us to not play against them next time, because otherwise we get humiliated publicly?

Edit: If you watch closely, you'll see that the commentator is highly focused on b00bs and far away from being neutral.
Pro tip: You can also abort the video when you feel like too bored to commentate it.

Drain

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:42 pm

- Drain
And you seriously expect us to win against b00bs? Of course it is boring to watch when we play against one of the best teams out there. But we did not ask for anyone to commentate, nor stream it. He could have been neutral while doing it and actually also talk about the close defusals on subterra for example. But he chose the "I don't care about them" way.
So you suggest us to not play against them next time, because otherwise we get humiliated publicly?

Edit: If you watch closely, you'll see that the commentator is highly focused on b00bs and far away from being neutral.
Pro tip: You can also abort the video when you feel like too bored to commentate it.

Well you are pretty shit. Shut the fuck up and play the game it's just a commentary.

swaginacup
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Seriously man, there is no such thing as a neutral commentary in a match that much unbalanced. You just don't fake a suspens when there is none.
Once you start commenting a match, you finish it. And I honestly doubt you would have taking it better if 7o9 just left in the middle with a "Sorry I'll stop it there this nxu team is way too bad".

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:47 am

I only heard him say he didn't want you to play to the end when b00bs had 11 rounds on abbey where it's normal to move on to the next map.

Maku

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:23 am

- Drain
And you seriously expect us to win against b00bs? Of course it is boring to watch when we play against one of the best teams out there. But we did not ask for anyone to commentate, nor stream it. He could have been neutral while doing it and actually also talk about the close defusals on subterra for example. But he chose the "I don't care about them" way.

Play the game not the people.

No one was out to personally humiliate you or your team. I played part of the match as my first match since 2013 pretty much. I have been there for b00bs and b00bs-dd to go to Div1. And many times I felt the same way about certain matches / commentary / divisions and so one. In the end it doesn't matter much. You guys gave it a good shot yesterday and I honestly believe you could have pushed us harder on map 2. If you want to improve - better invest your time in the demos than the stream. Make up your own ideas on how and where to improve. Try it - fail - try again. And start again. Thats the whole secret.

Iirc k0s0v4r is the one who played matches against us in WinterCups and SummerCups and whatnot back in 2013 as well. I would be terribly surprised if there was not wins for him in there too with his Portuguese squad.

Nebel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:46 am

Not to defend 7o9, but the moment he says "please tell me that they are not going to continue playing, I really don't like like and I don't understand it, I guess as a former admin I should've changed the rules",
This has absolutely nothing to do with how the match is (un)interesting or who is playing the match. The map was over at 2-0 and to win time, some say gg, take a screen and go for 2nd map so there are no 8 useless rounds (in this case) since it's finished already (ex : urban-zone.org/index.p...ture=26424 ).
And what he means with ", I really don't like like and I don't understand it, I guess as a former admin I should've changed the rules" is just that stopping the game once it's over should be mandatory, and he should have done that a while ago.

So this isn't really "unprofessional" and you absolutely got this part wrong. I havn't watched the full stream so won't talk about the rest if this is something to discuss.

Zmbiie
World Champion
World Champion

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 am

- Zmbiie
Not to defend 7o9, but the moment he says "please tell me that they are not going to continue playing, I really don't like like and I don't understand it, I guess as a former admin I should've changed the rules",
This has absolutely nothing to do with how the match is (un)interesting or who is playing the match. The map was over at 2-0 and to win time, some say gg, take a screen and go for 2nd map so there are no 8 useless rounds (in this case) since it's finished already (ex : urban-zone.org/index.p...ture=26424 ).
And what he means with ", I really don't like like and I don't understand it, I guess as a former admin I should've changed the rules" is just that stopping the game once it's over should be mandatory, and he should have done that a while ago.

So this isn't really "unprofessional" and you absolutely got this part wrong. I havn't watched the full stream so won't talk about the rest if this is something to discuss.

Then you missed the part at the end of first half on abbey where he said "I hope they will not play this whole thing to the end."

Last edited by Drain on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Drain