Fixture agreement

Official information. Demo review updates. Read and share instructions, advice and tips on how to do things at Urban Zone.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Fixture agreement

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:53 am

Just don't ignore what lebbra wrote a post above though.

AlexDenton
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:03 am

Who is the REF of Lebra's division?

xandaxs
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 am

Lebbra, try talking to the opposing team, first.

Rescheduling a match doesn't automatically make it the default - especially when it's obvious that none of the teams seem to be able to find a common suitable date. Or else you'll get people scheduling Sunday at 23:59:59, just to have the final say.

Also, if I might add: do no get so offended, your hysterical tone won't really help. Au contraire. So at least prove some eloquence and friendliness.

SailorMoon
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 am

This is getting kind of tiresome, the schedule system is there so that referee's and admins don't have to set the date/time for the teams, it’s just a tool, not a solution. Coding wise I cannot think of a way to make this more fair. Rule wise however… read on Smile

- Lebbra
Consider also that people has a real life also, and cannot spent a lot of time in looking for the opponents through the whole web. Because of that the scheduling system is very useful (if well used).

Trying not to sound condescending but; you have the privilege of playing in this competition where pretty much everything is arranged for you. The only thing we expect from you is to arrange a time/date. Naturally it’s not the case that the one who schedules at the last possible time gets his/her preferred time. If both clans cannot agree on a time we “could” set a random time/date, but I’m more inclined to give both clans a double forfeit. I will discuss this with the other admins once more, because I’m sure this has happened before in the 5 years this competition runs.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 am

Ok since this conversation keeps on going on and on forever I'll explain one more time how, in my opinion, this system should work.

The scheduler is just a TOOL. If you manage to agree on a time and date through the scheduler that's fine but it rarely happens. Obviosuly all teams are obligated to have an IRC channel, going in there and TALKING to the opponent will help a lot. Strangely enough I allways managed to talk to my opponent for every war I scheduled in the last 5 seasons, it's far from impossible. Ok you have a real life, good for you, but if you want to play in a league you have to invest some time. If you have time to play a war you also have time to schedule.

I'm allways against putting it on default time for a few simple reasons:
- First the exception: if neither one of the clans showed any sign of scheduling it should be forced to default time.
- Sunday evening is fine for a lot of clans but not for all (else all matches would be on sunday in the first place) Forcing it to sunday means you side with one of the clans failing to schedule (because they want sunday in the first place). THis means one of the clans can just only use the scheduler, make it fail and they get what they want in the end. Therefor I allways leave those fixtures open. If you are to lazy to talk to your opponent: No game. If you do try to talk to them but it doesn't work out you should ask your division supervisor to step in, if that still doesn't work call an admin to assist. Honoustly, only the lazy people who go for scheduling wars have the problem.
- If only one clan schedules we force it to their time and day. Atleast they tried.

Imo this is the most fair system. Forcing to default time is for obvious reasons not a good plan. If they can't agree we should not pick a side.

Gnurkus
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:27 am

Just to give a quick opinion on this match that, according to the rules, should have been played Monday, two days ago.

The error was made three days ago. We notified it through official communication Monday. None of the two supervisors of CTF 11th division ever wrote us anything!!

I thought that if a supervisor does a mistake and this is notified, then he does something in order to correct it.
... Do I have to assume that none of the two supervisors (Blacksoul and Benzo) cares about the error they made?
I thought that if another supervisor/admin sees that a colleague did a mistake, he does something in order to correct it.
I was just expecting someone to ask us when we wanted to play (since our chosen date was already passed)...

I think so because this is how i would behave in a similar situation if i was a supervisor (especially the supervisor who did the mistake).

IceMan

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Talk to the opposing team and find a data that suits both of you. It's the standard procedure for every single match; its' even in the admin report, when dates are forced.

SailorMoon
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Unfortunately, many clans don't use the schedule system at all and refs need to always force the matches. So that's another problem. We have a great software, but only a few clans use it. And if refs need to force matches, it can of course result in unfair decisions.

ButterdBread
Staff
Staff

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2