Update your servers

Post bug reports and praise for 4.2 in match mode as tested in Winter Cup. Provide screenshots if possible.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Update your servers

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:30 pm

This is from gameservers. Some of you are probably aware, about a week ago, I asked the question of how to keep a server updated to the most recent version of 4.2 from game server rental companies on IRC and I was called a troll and removed from the channel. I wasn't senselessly complaining. This is the exact reason why I was asking the question in the first place.

If you get a server from any game server company,
check it immediately.

If any teams are having issues with their server not being the proper update or just don't have a 4.2 server for Winter Cup and we're not using ours, you're more than welcome to message me on gamesurge or quakenet ( nikkerz ) and you can use ours. The server is located in London.

GL to everyone.

Last edited by Nikkerz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nikkerz
Admin
Admin

Re: Update your servers

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 pm

this approach is what got you temp banned from the channel, not the question

eya_allam
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 pm

If anyone has any problems with Game Server Providers, please let me know, and I will do my best to get in contact with them and let them know what they need to do to support Urban Terror 4.2 and if those companies will continue to offer support for the game. I assume almost all of them will. But just in case, i will contact them on behalf of FrozenSand if its required. However the best route is for people to do as they have and contact the companys directly themselfs!

Thanks

R

RaideR
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:48 pm

They fixed the issue quicker than I figured they would for a gameserver rental company (5 hours). So if people catch it right away after they get the server, it could be fixed within a reasonable time-frame. Not sure how good the response time is with other companies though.

Nikkerz
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 pm

AFAIK (I talked once with GS on their IRC channel) GS performs update in a way that NOT involves UrT Updater. They grab updates manually, make ZIP and deploy it on machines. There is a reason, why UrT Updater was created and should be used.

42 is easily updatable - seems like GS tech support is not aware, that some of the files are ie overwritten and so on.

MajkiFajki

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm

No No Majki,

GS Providers oftern have thier own internal deployment systems. They are the ones that updater there own system manually. However, some have allready requested a "Notify" email sent to thier helpdesk from us "FS" once a release has been made so that they can update their systems.

This is fine. I will make a email list to do this Smile

Thanks

RaideR
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 pm

I know that FS is probably not really into advertising game server providers, but I think it would be really beneficial, if we could get a list of providers, that are selling 4.2 servers and they are reliable in terms of following the updates and supporting it.

I think teams are not playing 4.2, simply because it is hard to find a server provider. So far, I haven't seen a provider that properly listed 4.1 and 4.2 on their site. They just list 'Urban Terror' and that's it. Many of them are only offering the game, because it's hassle free, they put it on their site 5 years ago, and they haven't changed a single thing (incl. sec. fixes).
So right now, team have to message a bunch of providers, whether they are supporting the new version, whether we will get updates or not and whether they are working on fixing the issues they run into.

All in all, I think a list of available and reliable (like the ones in RaideR's post that requested a notification for new updates) providers would greatly help the community to switch to the new version.

Zwiebi

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm

We FS stand neutral and support all GameServer Providers equally and do not promote any over any others. That being said, you are more than welcome to post "recommendations" on the Forums as long as you are not affiliated with the company in question. Please refrain from posting "refereal" codes aswell. We don't allow for unsolicited advertisment, but recommends are fine.

Smile Thanks

R

RaideR
Webmaster
Webmaster