CONSPIRACY AGAINST CANADA

Section for all matters related to NationsCup.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next

CONSPIRACY AGAINST CANADA

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:31 am

Scheduling our match vs. Colombia on the day of the Olympic hockey gold medal match is simply unfair. Obviously Canada would be in that game, and obviously every Canadian would be far too drunk to show up to a Nation's Cup match. In all fairness, I think the forfeit should be forgiven and the match rescheduled!

kermitdfrog

Re: CONSPIRACY AGAINST CANADA

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 am

I can't understand why people will not schedule their matches, (not mentioning the maps & gametype discussion), not even complain during the whole week, then notice afterwards that the forced date didn't arrange them.
You had all the reasons to think that Canada would play the hockey final weeks ago, so the right thing to do would have been to arrange a time with team Colombia that is NOT Sunday. But so many people can't understand that.

Also note that you can't expect admins to know everything that happens on the Olympics / Champion's League / other popular sports, and pair that with all teams to know everyone's unavailabilities. That's why you have that "Schedule" button, and if nothing better, comments that will be read by admins too.

Blutch
Donor 3
Donor 3

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:14 pm

I think Canada should change Captain since Braine seems kind of useless. Not picking maps, not scheduling matches. Think about it Smile

AlexDenton
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:22 pm

solitary is missing

ayy_

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:15 pm

I hope he was kidding.

First, all our matches are at 3 pm EST for us. They all know that for sure. Second, I couldn't use a wildcard because it has been already used for France.

Secondly, the Olympics happened before the match, not at the same time. Kermit you told me the reason of your absence was your birthday. 2bad decided to not play it I don't know why but that's pretty bad from him.

Blutch -> I don't even follow the Olympics myself so I did arrange our match for this Sunday 3 pm EST. I told them on the forums but nobody answered about the Olympics. Because Colombia and us are almost on the same timezone we could have scheduled another time but as Canada never managed to get together in evenings I thought it would be better to set it up like that.

Now excuse him, he doesn't have a lot of experience in competitions (it's his first one) so he doesn't know that you can't really come up with an excuse like that especially in Nations Cup :> . I could be blamed to be not following the Olympics but hockey has never been my cup of tea.

- AlexDenton
I think Canada should change Captain since Braine seems kind of useless. Not picking maps, not scheduling matches. Think about it Smile

Tell me about your experience in NationsCup man, I'm sure you have enough to be better than me right?

I did better than what Don has done for the last 2 seasons or so. I managed to prove people that Canada still has players and activity there. We were in the favourites at the beginning of the competition and in fact we could have won more matches if we had the really good lineup we had before NC started.

Unfortunately:

- Blaze cheated
- Skvburial can't play
- Tupp is missing
- Timezones (Canada is spread on 3 timezones) make it hard to meet in time and impossible to scrim in the week
- Nobody shows up to practices or shows up on ts3/irc just to play

You could have the best captain ever on this earth, he cannot do something without his players. Then you would expect us to play and win against Nations like France and Portugal where they (France) have hundreds of players to select and they still talkshit and act pretentiously on the back of other Nations? I did ask don to join us and what did I get from him? He doesn't have the game installed on his computer and he didn't want to play.

All of this to say that you should get your shit together and think twice before posting AlexDanton.

Could someone please close this thread, I think it's enough noise for Team Canada.

Brainie
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Camon guys peace and love dont make war with each other this is a comunity. We are all friends. Smile so what Canada is not so good this year its there problem its just this Canada stuff is getting annoying.

Suicide
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:54 pm

I posted this as a joke... lighten up, guys Very Happy

And yes, it was my birthday yesterday, hence not showing up.

kermitdfrog

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:32 pm

You are so mad Braine! But truth hurts, so I feel your pain.

I have no experience in NC (unlucky me, I'm italian and there are many players in my country and I'm nothing more than a noob. Although if I was Indian or even Canadian I'd probably be playing NC Wink ), but you don't need experience in NC to see your fails. Complaining couse admins force maps whilst you didn't tell your choice despite having SEVEN DAYS to do that, now your players complain about the time your team plays.

I have nothing against you, mine was a tip. Being an arranger for 2 competitions at the same time in a team of 6 players is maybe enough experience to say that you suck at arranging matches.

Just my personal opinion, why does it hurt you so much?

AlexDenton
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Nikkerz
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:37 pm

- AlexDenton
You are so mad Braine! But truth hurts, so I feel your pain.

I have no experience in NC (unlucky me, I'm italian and there are many players in my country and I'm nothing more than a noob. Although if I was Indian or even Canadian I'd probably be playing NC Wink ), but you don't need experience in NC to see your fails. Complaining couse admins force maps whilst you didn't tell your choice despite having SEVEN DAYS to do that, now your players complain about the time your team plays.

I have nothing against you, mine was a tip. Being an arranger for 2 competitions at the same time in a team of 6 players is maybe enough experience to say that you suck at arranging matches.

Just my personal opinion, why does it hurt you so much?

Please, I've been arranging matches for 3 years, I think I know my stuff thanks. Yes I was relaying on the thread announcing the match dates to post map + gametype and so what? Rules are rules. As a past league referee I can also tell you that rules are there to know how to go over them.
I didn't complain btw. Take a look at our match against Columbia: we didn't even played it so we kinda respected the admins' decision Very Happy .

I never got any complain about the match time and date. Sundays 3 pm EST is the best we can do and no one seems reticent to this choice.

According to your first post, your "tip" is basically to change the captain of the National team (which you're not even concerned with) just because that person doesn't manage stuff the way you would do.

Mind your own business, no one cares about what you think.

Go ahead, make my day.

P.S: If you want some lessons on how to manage a team feel free to ask me on IRC and I'll be pleased to teach you.

Brainie
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:40 am

Sorry master of managers. Keep up the good (lol) work Smile

AlexDenton
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:17 am

Better like that. Now go wash my bathroom little slave.

Brainie
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:45 am

- Brainie

I did better than what Don has done for the last 2 seasons or so. I managed to prove people that Canada still has players and activity there. We were in the favourites at the beginning of the competition and in fact we could have won more matches if we had the really good lineup we had before NC started.

Um I purposely kept Canada out of NC last season because nobody competitive wanted to play. I know who the good players are and I asked them all. Almost none of the regulars (i.e., talented Canadian players such as soli, kenny, rev, guns, tron) were available. I even asked a lot of 2nd string players and still couldn't pull 6 together. I mean you can go and say that nobody wanted to play for an asshole like myself, but the few players I did manage to confirm for the previous NC were some of the ones I would expect to be most likely to not want to play with me. We were not able to find even 5 players who would commit to even every other Sunday. I dropped us from NC to avoid a string of FFLs and/or scraping the bottom of the barrel to field 5. I don't think you have a single guy on your roster who played a match for us in NC, which should tell you that the common denominator is not the captain, but the players themselves (people quit/burn out).

I had multiple people--only 1 of whom was available/interested for NC, gg urt--asking me to take captain so that you would not get it. As I stated above, I genuinely did try to build a team, although I went into it with the attitude that we didn't have enough of the core guys, so it was pointless; you can argue that, because of that bias, I did not actually try hard enough... However, my primary intention was to keep an uncompetitive Canada out of NC, since it's both kinda embarrassing (inasmuch as anybody cares) to be last, and also unfair to other teams if you're forfeiting every week or not providing a worthy challenge.

Same for this season, except I got the heads up pretty late. Evilelf sent me a PM and I decided to attempt the same thing (largely as a joke, since the game is totally dead), not realizing that you had planned ahead and secured votes. If you guys are having fun, that's great, but I don't recall 5-70 losses being fun.

As for practices not happening and people not showing up and people not having TS3 and people cheating:
Have you led a team before? You have to expect this stuff. It's why you need to have a lot more than 5 people on your roster. It's why NC is a pretty hard thing to coordinate/participate in, which is why a lot of Canadian talent burned out.

Also:
19:08 gighen wait
19:08 gighen wtf
19:08 gighen how did they lose against team colombia
19:08 gighen when they msgd me 3 days ago
19:08 gighen saying they were dropping comp
19:08 gighen team co did
19:08 gighen LOL
19:08 gighen hahahaha omg

don!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Ofc he led a team! He's the master of leaders. He even offers lessons.

Pathetic.

AlexDenton
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:38 pm

He led 3 teams*

Cheap lessons on top of it!

Brainie
Chatterbox
Chatterbox