Drop outs from cups

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Drop outs from cups

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Hey.

I've been following the nationscup and the past couple of seasons and I've been noticing that there have been alot of dropouts, to the point where it's getting abusive. I could use Vz as an example even though I do respect them. They decide to come back after months of absense just to play a couple of matches before dropping out. It's been hapenning constantly. Not just them though. I disliked what hapenned with team NL. They were having a great run and then they had what ryu called a "lack of motivation" and decided to quit from the nationscup. They do it because they know there's no consequence whatsoever. It kind of ruins the cups this way. They should atleast play till the season is over, otherwise it's just going to leave a blank spot in the group/division they signed up for. It's selfish.
Anyway, although my opinion doesn't count it's not good publicity for urban terror to have teams that constantly drop out in the middle of the season, it's as serious as someone who is multiclanning for example. Just ruins the game for other people aswell. Anyway, probably you won't do shit about this because there's not much you can do but I still think that there should be a penalty for those who are unconsistent with their presence in the cups they signed up for.
Take care.

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Re: Drop outs from cups

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:46 pm

To say nothing will be done, is wrong, lots of people spend time listening and reading ideas and issues, that's generally why forums have an 'issues and ideas' areas Smile

In regards to team drop outs affecting the competitions, this should never really be a big issue, as;

9.A Dead Teams - Scoring
If a clan dies during the season the following procedure will be adopted:
If the clan has 3 and more unplayed matches, all scores from matches this clan took part in will be removed as if they had never been played. If the clan has one or two unplayed matches, the remaining opponent(s) will be awarded default victories.

So no teams should suffer massively, unless of course, there are numerous drop outs from that league.

I do agree, however, that it is never good to see a team drop out, of anything, especially a 'big' competition, like the nations cup. This is unfortunate, but as with any game, and/or sport, things like this always have, and always will happen, it can be caused by anything such as member inactivity, or a clan leader leaving to set up a squirrel farm. Checks are made at the start of the season to make sure all teams who sign up have enough players, and that's all that can be done for anything really, despite my personal best efforts in Black Magic, no-one can change someone's ability to complete a competition if they're not able to one way or another.

Hope that i've helped you a teenie tiny bit and that you feel someone has read your opinion, however meek and humble i may be Smile

Widow

WidowMaker
Donor 2
Donor 2

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 pm

- WidowMaker
To say nothing will be done, is wrong, lots of people spend time listening and reading ideas and issues, that's generally why forums have an 'issues and ideas' areas Smile

In regards to team drop outs affecting the competitions, this should never really be a big issue, as;

9.A Dead Teams - Scoring
If a clan dies during the season the following procedure will be adopted:
If the clan has 3 and more unplayed matches, all scores from matches this clan took part in will be removed as if they had never been played. If the clan has one or two unplayed matches, the remaining opponent(s) will be awarded default victories.

So no teams should suffer massively, unless of course, there are numerous drop outs from that league.

I do agree, however, that it is never good to see a team drop out, of anything, especially a 'big' competition, like the nations cup. This is unfortunate, but as with any game, and/or sport, things like this always have, and always will happen, it can be caused by anything such as member inactivity, or a clan leader leaving to set up a squirrel farm. Checks are made at the start of the season to make sure all teams who sign up have enough players, and that's all that can be done for anything really, despite my personal best efforts in Black Magic, no-one can change someone's ability to complete a competition if they're not able to one way or another.

Hope that i've helped you a teenie tiny bit and that you feel someone has read your opinion, however meek and humble i may be Smile

Widow

Well even though I do know that those drop outs aren't affecting other teams that's not really the main issue here. I do have to say that little rule seems quite affective though.
But, my main issue is like, imagine the top divisions and/or the nationscup. People will be looking forward to watching those matches. I know I do. Still to this date it's great fun for me to go ahead and connect to gtv servers or just watch players demos and what not, and it's a real bummer when matches that we were looking for don't get played because teams decide to drop out. This has been hapenning constantly and it's kind of understandable if it happens once, but there are people that are constantly retiring from the game in the middle of the season and that just leaves everyone else hanging. Well, but there's not much you can do about it anyway. Was really hoping to see NL play this nationscup, it's always really fun to see players like sutaffu and ryuujin return to the game after like a year or so of innactivity and you get really excited to see them play and then all of a sudden they drop out. Well I might be sticking my nose too far anyway, it's probably not my business. Their daily life comes first I guess.

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:49 pm

I'll talk about this Nations Cup and previous seasons, I'm not going to talk about UZ regular season because I'm not part of the staff.

Imo the problem is how long is this tournament, it takes almost 3 months to end it, and that's just too long for an e-league. During 3 months there's enough time in a game like this to lose the motivation or have changes in your real life to make you change your gaming habits.

Every season Supervisor and Head admins make a big effort to have the maximum number of teams playing, and maybe that's the problem, because every season around the 25% of teams drop. Maybe a tournament with 16 teams with just 2 teams going to playoff can work better, specially because it can end in just 1 month, in consequence there are less possibilities that teams/admins lose the motivation.

There are few different ways to make this possible, for example using qualifiers or disallowing the participation for next season after drop out the previous one.

If we take a look to different games, they are able to run playoff competitions with top teams in just 1 week, imo that make it more attractive for viewers and also for players. But I don't thinkUrT NC is able to use this type of layout due to timezones.

Sotone
Staff
Staff

Page 1 of 1