Urban Zone › Community Forums › Public Servers › [UAA] banlist

Urban Zone

Public Servers

[UAA] banlist

[UAA] banlist

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:35 pm
Author: The-spiki Location: Macedonia
Hi all,

For those interested Urban Terror Admin Alliance [UAA] is back in business with the public banlists.

More info here urtadmins.net/index.php?topic=181.0

URL for the banlists:
www.urtadmins.net/banl...anlist.txt
www.urtadmins.net/banl...t-only.txt

Works on both 4.1(.1) and 4.2 servers with b3 banlist plugin.
There are also lists created for inclusion by those who do not use b3.

This info might be valuable for UrT server owners.

Re: [UAA] banlist

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 pm
Author: OneBullet
gj

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Author: J4n
isnt UAA obsolete now?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:13 pm
- J4n
isnt UAA obsolete now?

Why?

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:08 am
First u left us as we needed u the most now we have a proper working system and u are back everybody can make a banlist now and share them. i had the feeling UAA was in parts corrupt anyway

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:00 pm
- J4n
First u left us as we needed u the most

LOL.
I personally didn't leave anybody.
[b00bs] banlist is publicly shared since 2007 and whoever wanted to use it was available to do it.
From the logs I see about 20-30 servers still incorporate [b00bs] banlist on their own.

Some from [UAA] left the organization etc, but they always picked up new people.

now we have a proper working system and u are back everybody can make a banlist now and share them.

What you are talking about is probably the UrT Auth system (which funny enough was started at UAA and the devs moved it to FS to become official UrT system)

Yes, banlists can be made with Auth system. And?
Do you even understand what you are talking about?
[UAA] does not prohibit people from using UrT auth system. Feel free to use it. We will too on our 4.2 servers.

Time for reality check.
Vast majority of UrT players is playing on 4.1.x servers. There is literally 10 times more players online in 4.1 than 4.2 at this very moment.
I just checked, and at this moment, there are only three 4.2 public servers with more than 10 players, and only ten 4.2 servers with more than 5 players.
That is less than 100 players. The other 900 players online play on 4.1.x servers.

If you didn't knew, UrT auth does not work on 4.1.x servers.

Thus, from my perspective, actively maintained shared banlist such as [UAA] that works for 4.1.x servers makes a lot of sense.
And it also works on 4.2.x servers.

i had the feeling UAA was in parts corrupt anyway

IDK what you are talking about... and it most probably doesn't matter at all in a banlist discussion.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:07 pm
you praise your banlist as it would be the non plus ultra i dont wanna use any banlists from other clans because there is too much i dont know about like "i dont like him he gets a ban"...

i was very critical about the SG powerbans either because there were too many bans like "omg he plays better than me..he must be a cheater" if u really want a fair system try to find your own democrew and watch demos ye ofc it takes a lot of time and effort but for me it counts quality than quantity. then i dont have 10 servers but some very well administrated server which get a lot of good feedback from old players.
the servers i was admin on were all in the UAA untill they stopped the support and u see i managed it without the UAA and i look already ahead and know that the vast majority still plays 4.1.1 because of bad PR of the dev team but with the last version they made a good step forward. the problem is bad publicity always spreads better than good give the ppl a bit more time and they will jump to 4.2 because the advantages are actually more than the disadvantages so for me the UAA is just another supplier of another banlist which i cant check but thats my point of view.

and pls remove your big balls from the table urt guru...u dont need to treat me like i started urt by now. i dont wanna criticise u. i just put a question into the room which i want to discuss about with other server owners

best regards Wink

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:58 pm
- J4n
you praise your banlist as it would be the non plus ultra i dont wanna use any banlists from other clans because there is too much i dont know about like "i dont like him he gets a ban"...

You assume that's how the banlist at [UAA] works? Must be fun in your head.

i was very critical about the SG powerbans either because there were too many bans like "omg he plays better than me..he must be a cheater"

That same SG guy who made and still run powerbans developed the UrT auth system. You don't trust him but you swear by UrT auth system?

if u really want a fair system try to find your own democrew and watch demos ye ofc it takes a lot of time and effort but for me it counts quality than quantity.

Thanks for suggesting me how to run things. Luckily enough, long time ago I got way past from random "ideas" to something actually being done.
And yes, we do have demo crew, reviewing demos on daily basis etc...

then i dont have 10 servers but some very well administrated server which get a lot of good feedback from old players.

Cool for you. And?
I used to have 39 gaming servers for 8 games. Nowadays run some 15 or so active UrT servers. I suppose they are well administered, since there is always players on them. At this moment, 121 players online across [b00bs] servers.

the servers i was admin on were all in the UAA untill they stopped the support and u see i managed it without the UAA

IDK what you are talking about. I don't know what servers you are managing etc. Never heard of you honestly.

and i look already ahead and know that the vast majority still plays 4.1.1 because of bad PR of the dev team but with the last version they made a good step forward. the problem is bad publicity always spreads better than good give the ppl a bit more time and they will jump to 4.2 because the advantages are actually more than the disadvantages

Again you go with the 4.2 is better than 4.1 talk etc. I am not talking about that.
Just pointing out that there are about 10 times more players on 4.1 servers, and banlist system that works with 4.1 (and also 4.2) servers still makes sense.

and pls remove your big balls from the table urt guru...u dont need to treat me like i started urt by now. i dont wanna criticise u. i just put a question into the room which i want to discuss about with other server owners

What's with the attitude. This post is not about you, it's about banlist system.
Havent shared my opinion on you until now, but ok, here it is. I have no idea of who you are, what servers you run or anything about you. I simply didn't knew you existed until few minutes ago. I only responded to your BS that there is no need for [UAA] banlist because "something better exists" or whatnot.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:07 pm
ok stay in your own little world i dont feel like to discuss with u in that manner

as if i would care if u know me lol

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:45 am
Author: Tranc3r Location: BC, Canada
Hi, I'm one of the head admins at UAA. I'd like to address some of the comments that J4n has made.

- J4n
isnt UAA obsolete now?

It was down, then, almost a year ago, Arebias and members from |WC| got it back up and running. Due to the busy lives of the previous admins, I was recruited and took over the general operations of UAA. Members like Spiki have helped immensely into getting UAA back on track. With the development of the UAA Network Banlist, composed from only trusted, respectful, and reliable server admins, it will allow a stronger force against cheaters.

- J4n
First u left us as we needed u the most now we have a proper working system and u are back everybody can make a banlist now and share them. i had the feeling UAA was in parts corrupt anyway

I'm sorry, but I cannot see how being able to share banlists allows you to conclude that UAA is corrupt. If you're just making the general statement that UAA is corrupt, I'm sorry to inform you, we're not. If you have information about this, please put evidence on the table along with your claim. We've got policies, procedures, and negative feedbacks in place to keep everyone in our system in check. If any of our admins make a mistake, we take it seriously. With our new ignition, we've made every attempt to make sure everything is as transparent as possible. If there are any questions or concerns, regarding anything that we do, we have a section on our forums for this.

- J4n
you praise your banlist as it would be the non plus ultra

What is "non plus ultra"? Of course we're going to praise our banlist, we've worked pretty damn hard on getting the Network Banlist working. Oh, and we're pretty damn happy with it too!

- J4n
i dont wanna use any banlists from other clans because there is too much i dont know about like "i dont like him he gets a ban"...

I completely understand your view of the possibility of false bans being present the list. This occurrence is bound to happen because all the ban inputs on any server are due to human judgement. We're all human and we're bound to make a mistake with adding in a false ban into the list. I'm sure it happens every once in a while in all servers. If this were to occur, and as I've said before, we have a procedure to correct this issue - Appeals.
I also get the feeling that you're mentioning that players may get banned due to the server admin's ego. This is why we only use the banlist from trusted servers of Urban Terror. I've been banned from UrT servers myself, merely due to inexperienced/egotistic admins. Also, if you take a look at our banlist, we only ban for Aimbots and Wallhack. Since aimbotting is pretty easy to spot and conclusive, we have a separate banlist for ONLY aimbotting, to remove any sort of paranoia that you may have if you include the wallhack ones. We don't deal with subjective bans related to team-killing, radio spamming, In-game-chat comments, etc...

- J4n
i was very critical about the SG powerbans either because there were too many bans like "omg he plays better than me..he must be a cheater"

First of all, please provide some evidence with your claim. To clear this up, I'd like to repeat that we only add in the bans that are related to Aimbots and Wallhack.

- J4n
if u really want a fair system try to find your own democrew and watch demos ye ofc it takes a lot of time and effort but for me it counts quality than quantity.

This statement has nothing to do with UAA... we're not telling servers to stop looking for cheaters and just use our banlist and everything will be A-Okay... The three groups that help with UAA's banlist already have a demo crew... If there ever is a demo that needs to be viewed by UAA, it will be inspected by our experienced players... we also have another resource that we can count on incase we ever need a second opinion.

- J4n
then i dont have 10 servers but some very well administrated server which get a lot of good feedback from old players. the servers i was admin on were all in the UAA untill they stopped the support and u see i managed it without the UAA

This is fantastic. Keep it up! I am curious though, what are some of the servers that you claim to administrate that were over 4-5 years old? Lots of servers "managed" without the UAA... we're now back with an added layer of protection for servers from being ruined by a cheater.

- J4n
i look already ahead and know that the vast majority still plays 4.1.1 because of bad PR of the dev team but with the last version they made a good step forward. the problem is bad publicity always spreads better than good give the ppl a bit more time and they will jump to 4.2 because the advantages are actually more than the disadvantages

I personally really enjoy the new 4.2, and am really damn happy that they are constantly updating any issues that arise as soon as they are able to! Also our banlist is perfectly capable of being used in 4.2.x.

- J4n
so for me the UAA is just another supplier of another banlist which i cant check but thats my point of view.

Pretty much, but who says you can't check it, everything you want to know is provided in spiki's first post... it's called transparency... If there is something that is missing of which causes uncertainty in our banlist, please post it on our forums, we would seriously like to know!

- J4n

Hey, feel free to criticize, it's what allows others to see things from a different perspective and allows further development if needed!

Hey j4n, from the language/grammar of the posts made by you, it seems as if English is not your main language, if I misinterpreted anything you've said, please let me know.

Happy Fragging,

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:49 pm
Author: Nikkerz Location: Carson City, NV USA
If you don't like the concept, don't use it. It's as simple as that.

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am
Author: Grizz
To be fair the b00bs banlist was public, but they also ban anyone, and everyone.... For no reason at times.

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:11 pm
- Grizz
To be fair the b00bs banlist was public, but they also ban anyone, and everyone.... For no reason at times.

Lol. Any proof of your untrue claims? Smile

If you did not bother reading the short info, not all bans from [b00bs], |WC| etc servers get included into [UAA] banlist.
More specifically only bans marked as:
- "aimbot" (for "UAA aimbot only banlist")
- either "aimbot" or "wallhack" (for "UAA banlist")

So, yes, when you and B1naryth1ef connect to [b00bs] servers with nickname Hitler or such... I actually remember your case. You used NuckingFiggers (which we all with brains know represent FuckingNiggers), or with KKK as your clan tag (which we all know is mark for racist organization, regardless of your claim to be Kool Kids Klan acronym) yes you do get banned with note "racism", but that ban does not get inside UAA banlist.

Hope I cleared your misconception Grizz.

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 pm
Author: Nebel
We have a certain expectation about behaviour - but don't worry we keep those bans separated.