Urban Zone › Community Forums › Official Information › [G.O.D.] Game server On Demand

Urban Zone

Official Information

[G.O.D.] Game server On Demand

[G.O.D.] Game server On Demand

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 pm
Author: /dev/azmo Location: Somewhere... drunk.
Hello, I wish to announce you that RKF clan developed a Game server On Demand service (whose acronym is G.O.D.) that allows users to create and run a private Urban Terror 4.x server for pcws and cws, which can be used and “destroyed” when you’re done.

The system is web based and free for the first three (3) servers started. Every user / clan has a personal “server slot” where his Urban Terror server will run and where his custom configurations and logs will be kept. Note that we’re not talking about “player” slots but, simply, the UDP port your server will be binded to. The maximum number of allowed players will be up to you. You must specify your own rcon and game password, so you will decide the value of the g_maxclients cvar using the rcon.

Every time you start a G.O.D. server you spend a “slot coin”. Once you run out of coins you will not be able to start your server anymore, until you recharge your coins credit. Coins are sold in packs of 30, 60 and 90 coins, at a very small price. At the moment a 90 coins pack costs only €2.80 VAT included.

We preloaded the latest Urban Zone 2014 (TS/CTF/Bomb) and UCL 1v1 configurations, but it is always possible to load your custom configuration files which will be kept safe in your server slot, even when your Urban Terror server isn’t running. You can also choose one or more custom maps from a list of available maps. If, as an example, you have a UZ TS cw on Orbital and Tohunga maps, you can create your Urban Terror server choosing the 4.2 version, specifying your rcon and game passwords, selecting the two custom maps from the list and clicking on “Save”. Your server will start on your slot and, when running, you will be able to load the UZ TS cfg by running the command
Code:
/rcon exec uz5v5ts
It’s that simple. When you’re done, just connect back to your web panel and delete your server. The server will shutdown and your slot will be free again.

You can check out our FAQs for more detailed informations or, if needed, you can contact us for any kind of additional informations you may need.

Last edited by /dev/azmo on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Re: [G.O.D.] Game server On Demand

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 pm
Author: szejdi
I can't really see it become popular with Golden Helmets and urt.me servers out there, which are free and much easier to use.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:26 pm
Author: klaus
Your Account is not active yet. Please, give it a try and share your thoughts. If you haven't already received the activation e-mail, please check you spam folder.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:41 pm
Author: Sasuke Location: Paris
Same as Szedji, I don't see any point of trying your thing when we have something similar, easier to use, and totally free.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm
Author: SevenofNine
Sure, but even with urt.me and golden helmets there are still clans that wish to "own" servers. I guess this is quite a bit cheaper than 10 euro's a month.
Anyway it's an innovative way of renting a server, never seen it used before, also not in other games.

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Author: /dev/azmo Location: Somewhere... drunk.
In the meanwhile we too decided to give out a number (three atm) of server slots for free.
Check our bitchslots FAQ section and give it a try, it's free and easy to use!

Actually our services are web based only but soon we will release an IRC bot to request the free slots as you guys are used to.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:17 am
Well, ours GOD's Bitchslots are now available with IRC by #rkf.clan @ QuakeNet, where you can ask a bitch to our Pimp, aka PimpBot. Visit our FAQs for more details.

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:24 pm
Come on, come and try our new irc service to have a FREE game server on demand.