Urban Zone › Community Forums › General Chat › JUMP TOURNAMENT 2nd EDITION #Q3MAPS

Urban Zone

General Chat

JUMP TOURNAMENT 2nd EDITION #Q3MAPS

JUMP TOURNAMENT 2nd EDITION #Q3MAPS

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:22 am
Author: Samchun
Hey guys,

Logic and I are about to make a 2nd edition of the "Urban Jump Tournament" with Q3 maps, since the 1st edition was a success and gathered many urt communities.
(1st edition : www.urtjumpers.com/for...hp?id=1834 )

But, for this, we need your help. A such contest can't be done without a team organizing it.
The 1st edition was kind of a rush for me, since I was the only mapper. But it went pretty well finally ...

So,

We need jumpers, (especially oldies, Q3 strafers) to vote and find the Q3 maps that can be fun to jump on URT. During last edition, we had around 120 jumpers who had participated on bull-highway, and only a few on n3ur0_icebase. So choosing great maps must be a priority.

We need mappers. Not to create new maps, just to replace Q3 timers entities into urt timers entities, re-light (if necessary, sometimes mappers leave the .map in the .pk3), re-texture (if necessary again), re-pack, etc... .

We need server hosters. Golden Helmets clan hosted us during last edition if I remember well. We don't know yet how many servers, it depends on the number of people playing.

We need coders. I don't know if Blapecool still has the bot that was saving jumpers' runs, and making the rankings. If we can't find it back, we'll have to recreate it.

We need a website synchronized to the bot to have the rankings online. No webdesign required ... just a webpage like last time (http://www.goldenhelmets.fr/Q3JumpTournament.php)

And ... I think that pretty sums it up ... If you guys have any questions, or something to add, feel free.

PS: I created a channel on IRC @Quakenet, feel free to join it : #jumptournament

The current team:

Coders: Blapecool (need more, since Blapecool is busy)

Hosters: Rocket & DarkeN (approbation/tests still needed)

Mappers: Sensation & Samchun (need more)

Cheerleader: Logic (this one is ok)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We still need people. If you want to join us, please let me know, or Logic, via this topic, MP, or irc.

Cheers.

(from: www.urtjumpers.com/for...p?id=2474)

Re: JUMP TOURNAMENT 2nd EDITION #Q3MAPS

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:17 pm
Author: SevenofNine
Exciting stuff, I'll tweet/fb it this evening Smile

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 am
Author: Samchun
Thank you for your support Smile

Kronik and Johnnyenglish joined us in the mapping team, and b3e will also host us.

I will post here if there's any news about the tournament.

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:02 pm
Author: Mesrine
Ah mais vous allez carrément faire des map pour le jump tournament ?!

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:27 pm
Author: Brainie Location: Canada
Instead of making a bot or some sort of system to register people's runs you could just ask them to upload their best demo with their time.

If you need a jumper I can help! I play defrag as well Smile

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:45 pm
Author: Blapecool Location: France
Asking people to upload their demo is kinda boring, because you'll need to check them manually. And then, recheck each time they send it back to you because they succed to do better (or maybe they'll just get bored to send it each time :<)

Last time the system used was quite simple. No registration, you just had to come and play authed on our servers. Then, the bot on the server records you (thanks to server side demo recording) and memorize the time (because it's just written in the server logs :D)

For the bot, even if I lost the full code, I still have the framework to code it so it could be done quickly (just after those damn exams :x)