Urban Zone › Community Forums › Issues and Ideas › Suggestion : Qualifier for next d1 TS season

Urban Zone

Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Issues and Ideas

Suggestion : Qualifier for next d1 TS season

Suggestion : Qualifier for next d1 TS season

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:23 pm
Author: Sasuke Location: Paris
Hi my friends Smile

I've always been complaining when divs were not correctly made. But I've also always providing solutions. Or, this season, UZ will have a case for d1 that didn't happened before : due to many teams/players being inactive the past year and suscribing to this season, it's simply impossible to do a 8 teams d1 correctly because the last 2-3 spots could be given to lot of teams that equaly deserve it for their past acomplishement, their dedication and their result. However, as they were inactives, it's impossible to rate them. They could be as good as before, or way weaker, but it's only a guess to determine who is better. Add to that the main admin of the last season is in one of these team and you simply can't create a 8 teams first division without having teams that legitimately complain. So, instead of complaining how bad the teams are AFTER they are made, I bring a simple suggestion that have already worked in the past in urt competitions, and was accepted by everybody back then : organizing a qualifier in order to have the best teams in d1.

To be more precise, we have actually around 12 teams whose players have played in d1 before or which have been good in d2 last season (aera boobs fz z2x h5 gore owards chaos rage versus wip pwc/forge). So the good method is the following one :
Having a first round where last season d1 teams (boobs z2x fz aera) have to face randomly one of the returning team with the most potential and the best past results / and the winner of last season d2 (gore owards h5 chaos). The 4 winners of these matchs are qualified.
The 4 teams who lose the first round face randomly one of the 4 others teams remaning, the winner are qualified to d1, the losers go to d2.

Of course, every match is a Bo3 with the same rules as Master Series : one veto to determine 3 maps.

The good points of this kind of qualifiers are :
- You have the strongest d1 possible.
- The teams feels implicated when they play a qualifier : the eurocup who used that was the compet with the lowest amount of drop, and only one team who played the qualifier dropped, after 2 deafeat.
- Those Bo3 matchs are the best experience you can have as a player, way more interesting than classic season matchs, because you have an immediate consequence for the result.

The only bad point is that it will delay the regular season for one or 2 weeks (at least for d1-d2). But it doesn't matters, I'm even sure teams prefer 2 less weeks to play their 7 matchs and a better experience.

And more than that : as I don't want my suggestion to be only mine, I suggested to all the team leaders I could find from the previous list, and they all saying it was a good idea that should be applied. Whether their team was already assured of their place (like boobs fz aera) or not. We are all competitors and want the strongest d1 possible.

Re: Suggestion : Qualifier for next d1 TS season

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:29 pm
Author: Suicide
Great idea

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:53 pm
Author: Rocket-
+1

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:45 pm
Author: wiiza- Location: Paris
+1

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:58 pm
Author: Korda
good job team

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 am
Author: MCTermiG Location: Portugal, Azores
Nice idea +1

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:27 am
Author: docDude Location: Germany
start of next season delayed until 2016 due to teams not showing up for their qualifier matches
ayy

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:38 am
Author: xesya Location: On the battlefield
WILL VERSUS EVER FINISH A SEASON?? PROBABLY NOT.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:03 pm
Author: stlr
Xesya is a cunt.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:20 pm
Author: Sasuke Location: Paris
- docDude
start of next season delayed until 2016 due to teams not showing up for their qualifier matches
ayy

None of the 14 qualifiers matchs was delayed for the Eurocup.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:25 pm
Author: szejdi
I agree with Xesya.

Completely retarded idea Shoeshoe, focus on scheduling your matches on time in the upcoming season.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:57 pm
Author: shad0w
- docDude

ayy

lmao

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:27 pm
Author: .RkQ
Go fuck around somewhere else Xesya

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:36 pm