Urban Zone › Community Forums › Public Servers › GUIDDB

Urban Zone

Public Servers

GUIDDB

GUIDDB

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 am
Author: slackin
I am just looking to find out how many server admins would be willing to have there server tracked by a new guiddb. This would mean you have to add the server and rcon to pugbot(rcon is stored encrypted and safe, not handled by a humans hands at all, added via the bot)

Anyone who would like to have their server tracked by the new database please make a post here, or email slackin @ pugbot.com

NOTE: I am not looking for any opinions, comments or questions AT ALL in this thread, simply wanna get a count on number of people willing to participate. If you post any BS I will be requesting an admin to edit/remove your post. Keep it clean guys.

If you do have questions, you may ask on PUGBOT's forums( forums.pugbot.com/inde...opic=286.0 ) or email me(at above email address)

Re: GUIDDB

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:45 am
Author: eya_allam Location: Slovakia
Nice idea but not sure how useful, since guids are mostly server-specific.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:58 am
- eya_allam

Apparently you never used the old GUIDDB and also don't know much about tracking down people. Razz Trust me, it works, and yes I know GUID's are server specific. Ask any American player about the old GUIDDB(anyone who has been around a couple years, and actually knows the game, and yes I'm talking 4.x)

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:14 am
Author: SevenofNine
- slackin
- eya_allam

Apparently you never used the old GUIDDB and also don't know much about tracking down people. Razz Trust me, it works, and yes I know GUID's are server specific. Ask any American player about the old GUIDDB(anyone who has been around a couple years, and actually knows the game, and yes I'm talking 4.x)

Dont want to be off topic but, APPARENTLY YOU DONT KNOW EYA VERY WELL Very Happy
if someone knows about tracking down people she does.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:05 am
well she apparently isn't as good as me! haha <3 But seriously, that doesn't entirely matter, it does mean that I had more code to do, and means my db is gonna be like 50x larger, BUT does not mean it wont work. mysql and an intelligent coder can do a lot to keep track of a player across all servers even with unique guid on each server.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:49 am
Author: SevenofNine
I'd welcome it, if indeed it works as you say, any tool to track cheaters is good until urt hd comes out.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:34 pm
- slackin
- eya_allam

slackin, don't presume what I did and didn't do. the guiddb wasn't exclusively american. the point is guids were universal back then and using them to track people actually made sense. as it is now, you can track about 0.05 percent of players through servers by their guid.

in my experience, you're not a bad coder but if it really isn't a guid db as much as a multi-source tracking system, call it that. as in - if it's a fricking apple, don't call it a wrench. all we needed to prevent evaluating each others' skills with insulting undertones

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:01 pm
- eya_allam
- slackin
- eya_allam

slackin, don't presume what I did and didn't do. the guiddb wasn't exclusively american. the point is guids were universal back then and using them to track people actually made sense. as it is now, you can track about 0.05 percent of players through servers by their guid.

in my experience, you're not a bad coder but if it really isn't a guid db as much as a multi-source tracking system, call it that. as in - if it's a fricking apple, don't call it a wrench. all we needed to prevent evaluating each others' skills with insulting undertones

GUIDDB was NOT based off old q3 guid system, you sir are incorrect. Trust me I know Jim(The person who wrote it) I will get him on here to verify if you would like, but it may take a while before he shows. He only gets online once every few weeks.

PS: I was just joking around eya, jeesh, don't take it so personally. GUIDDB was POST 4.0, fyi.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:09 pm
the very original guiddb was pre-4.0, very pre-4.0, check your facts. it was built on q3 guids and I know for a fact it worked as far back as 2004, probably earlier. before you start debating the point, I'm fairly sure you can find old sta posts dealing with guiddb, in case you want an american source to verify. not sure you can do that with urt.net/info forums, I don't think pre-2004 forum posts were ever revived after the hack.

I know about a fairly unsuccessful resurrection of guiddb sometime in late 2009 that worked the way people are tracked now - only we have to do it manually right now. thanks to the old guids things were a lot easier. trying to track these new bastards who change guids and reset modems before every game is a damn pain in the ass. I know it's possible, I'm usually the one at uz who does all the legwork around it and a scripted tracker would actually be welcome.

and yes, I don't appreciate being lectured by people who don't have their info straight.

now to the point: who's part of the database now, can you process old data or do you only take in "live" feed, a bit more info would be nice.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:45 am
ok, maybe I should have specified the GUIDDB @ guiddb.com/ from 4.x era. And yes you are correct about people changing guids so easily, that does make it a bit more difficult. Normally though, with the old guiddb, the one I was talking about, because it had so many servers tracked, normally you could find people slipping up and connecting to a server with the alias they previously used, not realizing that the server was being tracked. It was a very handy tool, even without enforceable unique guids.

I am sorry if I offended you eya, I was really mostly joking around, not lecturing.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:57 am
shit happens, slackin Smile

now some info please, like
who's part of the database atm
can you process old data into it or do you only take in "live" feed
can you make some stuff not public

if you prefer, pm me in irc

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:28 pm
- eya_allam
shit happens, slackin Smile

now some info please, like
who's part of the database atm
can you process old data into it or do you only take in "live" feed
can you make some stuff not public

if you prefer, pm me in irc

Well, Yes it stores all data for past reference.
Right now, pugbot, wtf, dsg, a few match servers(maybe more soon, i really havent set it all up fully yet, im still trying to get an idea of if people will use it, and if there is a demand, might have a few options for additional features(optional) too, like web-rcon, irc-rcon. Also, there is a 'server_permission' for allowing/disallowing sacc and promod(so you can make a sacc only server, a promod server, or enforce no sacc or promod clients on a server) also tracked in the db too. Plus, when this is fully functional again, my banners will be back, lemme get you a couple ss's of them

What would you like not public? And why?

And yes its live tracking and historic tracking.

OOO and are you asking about a log parser? I could probably make a script to import logs, should be fairly easy ... actually, super easy, i already have 90% of that code done.... Thats a really good idea eya Wink ty

NOTE: the banner in the SS's are the same visually, but i fixed one thing with them for use in forum sigs, it ends in a proper /banner.jpg so every forum on the planet will accept it, and its small enough for almost every forums requirements for size.